We've moved all of the left over stone and sand that was residing on our driveway and put it out in the backyard. Dad hacked up all the weeds that were growing in a spot and we dumped the rock on that, then I weeded out another spot and mum and I moved the sand on that bit.
Today we started nailing cleets into the exposed part of our pergola area, so that we can put up some shadecloth. The weather was looking really dodgy while doing this, so after they were all secured we started working on the garden bed running along the fence. We ripped out the weed mat that was currently in there, and drilled in a section of wood to act as a barrier. We then moved some more dirt from our giant pile to fill it up and then put some stone on top to make all pretty. We did about half of this before the rain really started to settle in, so we called it a day for there.
Also the other day we swang by Mandalay and work has started on Stage 2! The trucks were all out in the field and they were lowering/scraping out all of the blocks to give it that uniform dirt kind of look. They're also channeling out areas that will contain the roads. I've taken photos on Thursday, but we were back there on Friday and the road sections are more pronounced - I just forgot to take photos. It doesn't quite stretch down to our block, but we're in Stage 3, so ours will be done at a later date. Still, it is exciting to see all that progress happening and so close to our land :)
Now for photos:
These are of the land scraping:
Also, a cute little puppy that was with the builders
Some "pre" pics of the back:
Pictures of the pergola area - Alfresco I suppose, before we fixed it all up:
Lulu approving that the garden bed is fit for sleeping: